Skip to main content

Friday Check In

Well, I've gotten a bunch done on my projects and thought it was time to share.

I've finished the next step in the mitts. I cut the patterns and sewed them and turned them so all I have to do is add the binding (which is cut and pressed!). Hopefully, they will be done very soon and I can check off that project!



I worked some more on burying the threads in my Stop Sign wall hanging. Need to cut the binding and sew it on and a sleeve to hang it and that will be done! Yippee.

Also, got the fabrics identified on my Baltimore Autumn applique quilt. I'm doing a BOM with an applique Yahoo group and we are on Block 2 - Horn of Plenty. Lovely batiks for the cornucopia and I purchased the kit/pattern from Amidon Quiltworks. It's a Pearl P. Pereira design. It's a beautiful project. I love Pearl's patterns and I'm also doing her Baltimore Christmas, Baltimore Halloween and Baltimore Liberty patterns.

I made a bunch of Step 4 of Easy Street - Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt that's not a mystery any longer. I just didn't have the time to do it along with everyone else. That makes it a back-burner project so I was using it as a leader/enders project, but today, I just sewed a bunch.

I've appliqued part of the heart on my Vintage Valentine BOM on Block 1 of the BOM. I'm on a two-month schedule for each block, but I just put it off until the eleventh hour.

I also worked, or should I say re-worked some of the sections of my Dear Jane block that I'd made a mess of the day before. Ugh, hate that, just, somehow cut them on the wrong angle. I do a BOW with another Yahoo group and my deadline is Sunday, so we'll see if I can finish that up by then. Really, I try to do two blocks a week, but I'm happy to get one finished. Pics soon.

Worked on organizing my Dino's quilt, shams and valances. Need to be sure I have enough fabric because that line may soon go away. This is the problem when you leave a project sit for a long time, takes awhile to remember where you left off.  I even planned a wall hanging, too!

Okay, you are all caught up on my projects, care to share what you've accomplished?




Comments

  1. Hello,Gloria,my Dear! I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
    So nice to "meet" you!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much for visiting. I'll be over shortly. Nice to meet you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been Awhile

I will just say, "Sorry," and move on. Life really gets in the way A LOT for me. It's been a hot summer and the pool has been very inviting. Too hot to sew outside, so "swimming" it is!!! The tree over our pool has shed its leaves directly into the pool. They are still falling, it's a bunch of work to keep them gathered up and off the bottom. Since my husband is unable to tend to the outside work (or inside), I've taken on this task. I've only sucked up so many leaves one time and had to call the pool company to blow the lines. Got one of those leaf catchers, pronto!!! 
Enough said, here's what I've been up to:
I decided that I couldn't pass up the Sew Sampler subscription box from the Fat Quarter Shop. This was the pattern called Moonshine and they included the fabrics so I was able to whip this up pretty quickly.  I'm really happy with my points on this one. I've added the outer borders and will update the pic soon. I'm act…

2017 is Here

Okay, so truth be told, I didn't do very well at finishing projects or blogging about them in 2017. If I blog every day about my 15 minutes of sewing, will that drive readers away?

I did finish this quilt, so I can cross that off of my UFOs, right? I have gifted it, but I really wish I had a pic of the flying geese going up/down. Sigh. Now to made some shams...in 2017!!



I did add a page for 2017 so I could list them, but I have so many years with so many unfinished quilts, it's embarrassing. BLUSH
I did start Bonnie Hunter's En Provence and here's a sample of a somewhat finished block. 

I also played around with Cheryl's Meadow Mist Mystery 2017 and I'm almost finished in time for tomorrow's next clue.  I think the piece on the bottom row in the middle might be the inside of the fabric or not??? I'll check.  All the other steps are finished, I hope. 

I'm also going to try free motion quilting for the first time, so I am ready with my panel and will…

Getting Back to Sewing

Sorry, I've been trying to re-arrange my studio and just didn't seem to get back to sewing/quilting, but I'm forging ahead because I missed all of January's blocks of the 365 Challenge! These are really tiny and I can see I need to be much more accurate with my cutting/sewing. LOL I'm using all stash fabrics, so my dark may not be dark enough and my lights might not be light enough, but my record for finishing projects prohibited me from spending money on this one!! 
Here's February 12, 2016 block: 


Now, here's the beginning of the blue and white quilt that I'm making. I designed it in EQ7 and the rows of the top left corner have been sewn together, so we'll see how accurate EQ7 is when I go to sew the diagonal rows together.  I am using it as leaders/enders for the 365 Challenge because they took a bunch of seams so more rows are finished without realizing it. A good thing.
Just want to mention that my design wall is four 2' pieces of that foa…