Skip to main content

Progress Update

Made some progress on a couple of projects today and started, in earnest, a new-ish project.

Here's a photo of the prototype alphabet bean bags I wanted to make for each of my children's households which means four sets of the alphabet, extra vowels and extra for each child in the family. I decided that since the kids are small that I'd make inner bags of muslin first, then applique the capital letters on the front and the lower case on the back.


I really think my machine applique skills need some work. What do you suggest I do? What stitch would you use? Length, width? I am stabilizing the letter first. 

'

Also worked on "Fresh" and am making three blocks for the latest grandchild to toss around. I'm going to stuff it and pink the seams so she can grip it easily. Different ideas? 




I am still working on all my projects. Started sewing my Dear Jane BOWs, ironed the fabric for some more pillowcases, worked on the Stop Sign at bit, decided the fabric for some more of the Dino's, worked on the heart of the Vintage Valentine and the apple and leaf of Baltimore Autumn quilts.

Really need to start exercising...too much time sitting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 is Here

Okay, so truth be told, I didn't do very well at finishing projects or blogging about them in 2017. If I blog every day about my 15 minutes of sewing, will that drive readers away?

I did finish this quilt, so I can cross that off of my UFOs, right? I have gifted it, but I really wish I had a pic of the flying geese going up/down. Sigh. Now to made some shams...in 2017!!



I did add a page for 2017 so I could list them, but I have so many years with so many unfinished quilts, it's embarrassing. BLUSH
I did start Bonnie Hunter's En Provence and here's a sample of a somewhat finished block. 

I also played around with Cheryl's Meadow Mist Mystery 2017 and I'm almost finished in time for tomorrow's next clue.  I think the piece on the bottom row in the middle might be the inside of the fabric or not??? I'll check.  All the other steps are finished, I hope. 

I'm also going to try free motion quilting for the first time, so I am ready with my panel and will…

It's Been Awhile

I will just say, "Sorry," and move on. Life really gets in the way A LOT for me. It's been a hot summer and the pool has been very inviting. Too hot to sew outside, so "swimming" it is!!! The tree over our pool has shed its leaves directly into the pool. They are still falling, it's a bunch of work to keep them gathered up and off the bottom. Since my husband is unable to tend to the outside work (or inside), I've taken on this task. I've only sucked up so many leaves one time and had to call the pool company to blow the lines. Got one of those leaf catchers, pronto!!! 
Enough said, here's what I've been up to:
I decided that I couldn't pass up the Sew Sampler subscription box from the Fat Quarter Shop. This was the pattern called Moonshine and they included the fabrics so I was able to whip this up pretty quickly.  I'm really happy with my points on this one. I've added the outer borders and will update the pic soon. I'm act…

Getting Back to Sewing

Sorry, I've been trying to re-arrange my studio and just didn't seem to get back to sewing/quilting, but I'm forging ahead because I missed all of January's blocks of the 365 Challenge! These are really tiny and I can see I need to be much more accurate with my cutting/sewing. LOL I'm using all stash fabrics, so my dark may not be dark enough and my lights might not be light enough, but my record for finishing projects prohibited me from spending money on this one!! 
Here's February 12, 2016 block: 


Now, here's the beginning of the blue and white quilt that I'm making. I designed it in EQ7 and the rows of the top left corner have been sewn together, so we'll see how accurate EQ7 is when I go to sew the diagonal rows together.  I am using it as leaders/enders for the 365 Challenge because they took a bunch of seams so more rows are finished without realizing it. A good thing.
Just want to mention that my design wall is four 2' pieces of that foa…