In my efforts to move my Dino's quilt along to completion, I decided to design my own quilting for the cornerstones!
I brought this photo in from the four cornerstones of the quilt into my Art and Stitch program. It's a really cute dino and thought it would be fun to have one in each corner. I'm going to flip it so the dinosaur is looking at the quilt. It's a closed design and this way I don't have to "tie" it into the border design (whatever that turns out to be!).
So I traced it and saved it and tomorrow I hope to try it out. I've designed quilt patterns before and they've turned out very nicely. So, unless my tension is forever getting messed up, I should be able to test it. Looks good, don't you think? If it works, I'm happy to share it with anyone, just email me.
While I was tracing the spikes on his back, I realized that Celia's idea of ric rac would be perfect on the background of the dinosaur as if they were spikes. Thank you so much, Celia (she commented in yesterday's post with her suggestion). So much better than the water waves idea. Keep in mind, my drawing isn't to scale nor is it the final pattern. Thoughts?
What should I do here in the borders? I don't want a dense design nor do I want loops or meander. Something boyish and dinosaurish, I guess. Crosshatch? Chevrons? Faux piano keys? I have to get better at outlining the curves on the letters, already had to do some ripping out. Sigh. There's really not a lot of space...no quilting at all?
I had a list of my current projects in the sidebar, but, unfortunately, when I did a search for a project, every post would come up, what good was that search?
I also want to start blogging regularly so if I need to know what step I'm on on any project, I can just review my posts. I'm also using the random number generator to choose my 15 minute projects. I can't do them all each day, but it's fun to pull the number out of a hat and saves time deciding. Working every day (that I can) on the Dino's and Isabelle Christmas, the rest when I need a break or hit an obstacle.
My List of Projects:
1. Dino's - more than 15 minutes to draw my dinosaur. This is the priority project, when I need a break, then I do 15 minutes on something else.
2. Isabelle Christmas - binding, did one length of thread. Has to be done by end of January.
3. Spot - I've ripped out all that needs to be, still debating on some of the SID so I tied off a couple of threads and buried them. Not sure why I didn't tie them off with my HQ16 as I stitched.
4. HD - ripped out for 15 minutes due to incorrect tension.
5. Pinwheels for Pop - cut squares for the next set of half-square triangles
6. Baltimore Christmas - prepped 1 1/2 gingerbread men.
7. Baltimore Halloween - Prepped a few blades of grass.
8. Craftsy 2013 BOM - starting over from last year, bought the kit at reduced price. Really just wanted the polka dot scraps. LOL
9. Skillbuilder 2013 - Another start over project. This is a quilt as you go project, so I cut the background, after I found it!!!
10. Bean Bags - this project isn't here, so I'm doing a doll quilt instead, however, it will be used as a reading mat for my grandson, so boy fabric. Cut the squares out of "Cars" fabric.
11. Oakland Bay Sampler - nothing
12. Baltimore Liberty - nothing
13. Baltimore Autumn - nothing
14. Old Lady - nothing - stuck on some decisions.
15. Chick Jubilee - nothing
16. Dear Jane - nothing
17. Monthly Calendar - February - nothing
18. Vintage Valentine - nothing
19. Flower Garden - nothing
20. Country Houses - nothing