Skip to main content

UFO to Go

Before I "got sick" I'd made a great UFO to Go portable design wall for my hand applique and never got around to sharing until now. I had this large print that was the best pattern of the last bunch of bolts JoAnn's had when they moved to their new location. I decided to cover my ironing board, but after two days, I had to rip it off and put back the plain silver stuff. I got way too dizzy and I couldn't see my blocks because they were so "lost" in the print. So I searched for a project to use this fabric that had a few staple holes that wouldn't affect the look or function. I found it!!A UFO to GO!!

I put some extra "pages" in it and now it won't really close as designed, but I can still tie the ribbon. I made 12 pages as I thought I'd dedicate it to one pattern of 12 Baltimore blocks, but I've decided to use it one page for each block of all the BOMs I have waiting in the wings. I may remove some to make it more functional.


Here's the project folded to be sure it doesn't fall out.


This "book-like" design wall folded once, so you can turn the pages. The middle pages fold out to hold even more UFOs. 



All tied up and ready to go. The red hair tie on the left is supposed to wrap around the button to keep anything from falling out, but my extra pages keep it from closing tightly. I like it because the little pieces stick to the interfacing and I can put them in order of stitching. 


Today's progress:

HD - did some frogging, but it's slow going albeit pretty easy, these are 12" blocks and lots of swirls. I'm ripping it out because the one bobbin wasn't set at the right tension and I didn't check it, so it has to come out or one snag and the whole thing will unravel. Can't wait to finish this king-sized quilt. Been a long time, but I'm motivated and my daughter's been more than patient.

I got my Dear Jane book/fabric/paper piecing out and will be working on C-8. I really need to make detailed notes for each project because it takes forever to remember where I left off. I have to create a schedule to make sure I work on them every couple of days so I won't lose time getting oriented to each project.

I found my Oakland Bay Sampler bin and tried to decide the next step. I have three blocks finished and I'll give it more time when I can. I remember that I stopped because I couldn't decide which pink to use. Sign.

Did some more re-arranging today and tried to find a place for everything, but I still have a ton of surfaces that I dumped stuff at the beginning--you know how it is, you have to make a mess in order to clean...my mess is still messy. LOL









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 is Here

Okay, so truth be told, I didn't do very well at finishing projects or blogging about them in 2017. If I blog every day about my 15 minutes of sewing, will that drive readers away?

I did finish this quilt, so I can cross that off of my UFOs, right? I have gifted it, but I really wish I had a pic of the flying geese going up/down. Sigh. Now to made some shams...in 2017!!



I did add a page for 2017 so I could list them, but I have so many years with so many unfinished quilts, it's embarrassing. BLUSH
I did start Bonnie Hunter's En Provence and here's a sample of a somewhat finished block. 

I also played around with Cheryl's Meadow Mist Mystery 2017 and I'm almost finished in time for tomorrow's next clue.  I think the piece on the bottom row in the middle might be the inside of the fabric or not??? I'll check.  All the other steps are finished, I hope. 

I'm also going to try free motion quilting for the first time, so I am ready with my panel and will…

It's Been Awhile

I will just say, "Sorry," and move on. Life really gets in the way A LOT for me. It's been a hot summer and the pool has been very inviting. Too hot to sew outside, so "swimming" it is!!! The tree over our pool has shed its leaves directly into the pool. They are still falling, it's a bunch of work to keep them gathered up and off the bottom. Since my husband is unable to tend to the outside work (or inside), I've taken on this task. I've only sucked up so many leaves one time and had to call the pool company to blow the lines. Got one of those leaf catchers, pronto!!! 
Enough said, here's what I've been up to:
I decided that I couldn't pass up the Sew Sampler subscription box from the Fat Quarter Shop. This was the pattern called Moonshine and they included the fabrics so I was able to whip this up pretty quickly.  I'm really happy with my points on this one. I've added the outer borders and will update the pic soon. I'm act…

Getting Back to Sewing

Sorry, I've been trying to re-arrange my studio and just didn't seem to get back to sewing/quilting, but I'm forging ahead because I missed all of January's blocks of the 365 Challenge! These are really tiny and I can see I need to be much more accurate with my cutting/sewing. LOL I'm using all stash fabrics, so my dark may not be dark enough and my lights might not be light enough, but my record for finishing projects prohibited me from spending money on this one!! 
Here's February 12, 2016 block: 


Now, here's the beginning of the blue and white quilt that I'm making. I designed it in EQ7 and the rows of the top left corner have been sewn together, so we'll see how accurate EQ7 is when I go to sew the diagonal rows together.  I am using it as leaders/enders for the 365 Challenge because they took a bunch of seams so more rows are finished without realizing it. A good thing.
Just want to mention that my design wall is four 2' pieces of that foa…