Skip to main content

Project Updates

Well, I think this 15 minutes is working out, but might be a harder to maintain as time marches on. The desire to actually finish something in one day might win out.



I finished appliqueing a bird on Vintage Valentine.
I cut out the tooth fairy pillow pieces.
Made some more four-patches for Easy Street.
Found my Dear Jane software and installed on my new laptop so I can print out a block to keep this huge project moving along.
Sewed one more tie onto an apron. Four ties on two more aprons to go.
I labeled all the fabrics for Baltimore Liberty and Baltimore Autumn and copied the pattern.
I decided that for Baltimore Halloween and Baltimore Christmas that I'd go back and finish up block 1 so I'm putting the center block on hold until all blocks are finished.
I put together the rows on "A Modern Twist" quilt.
Started appliqueing the awning on the house on the Country Houses BOM.
Appliqued two threads on the Dino block above. Need to move my design wall or paint the room white.

I've divided my sewing studio into sections and cleaned one section for 15 minutes.

Cheated on my diet and had a meatball sub for dinner!!!



Comments

  1. I'm beginning to applique too, and love it. I wish it would be a bit quicker, but that isn't the point. LOL
    I know you will accomplish lots this year. We both need to do the 15 minutes, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are right that I accomplish lots as I have lots started!

    Love applique!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been Awhile

I will just say, "Sorry," and move on. Life really gets in the way A LOT for me. It's been a hot summer and the pool has been very inviting. Too hot to sew outside, so "swimming" it is!!! The tree over our pool has shed its leaves directly into the pool. They are still falling, it's a bunch of work to keep them gathered up and off the bottom. Since my husband is unable to tend to the outside work (or inside), I've taken on this task. I've only sucked up so many leaves one time and had to call the pool company to blow the lines. Got one of those leaf catchers, pronto!!! 
Enough said, here's what I've been up to:
I decided that I couldn't pass up the Sew Sampler subscription box from the Fat Quarter Shop. This was the pattern called Moonshine and they included the fabrics so I was able to whip this up pretty quickly.  I'm really happy with my points on this one. I've added the outer borders and will update the pic soon. I'm act…

2017 is Here

Okay, so truth be told, I didn't do very well at finishing projects or blogging about them in 2017. If I blog every day about my 15 minutes of sewing, will that drive readers away?

I did finish this quilt, so I can cross that off of my UFOs, right? I have gifted it, but I really wish I had a pic of the flying geese going up/down. Sigh. Now to made some shams...in 2017!!



I did add a page for 2017 so I could list them, but I have so many years with so many unfinished quilts, it's embarrassing. BLUSH
I did start Bonnie Hunter's En Provence and here's a sample of a somewhat finished block. 

I also played around with Cheryl's Meadow Mist Mystery 2017 and I'm almost finished in time for tomorrow's next clue.  I think the piece on the bottom row in the middle might be the inside of the fabric or not??? I'll check.  All the other steps are finished, I hope. 

I'm also going to try free motion quilting for the first time, so I am ready with my panel and will…

Getting Back to Sewing

Sorry, I've been trying to re-arrange my studio and just didn't seem to get back to sewing/quilting, but I'm forging ahead because I missed all of January's blocks of the 365 Challenge! These are really tiny and I can see I need to be much more accurate with my cutting/sewing. LOL I'm using all stash fabrics, so my dark may not be dark enough and my lights might not be light enough, but my record for finishing projects prohibited me from spending money on this one!! 
Here's February 12, 2016 block: 


Now, here's the beginning of the blue and white quilt that I'm making. I designed it in EQ7 and the rows of the top left corner have been sewn together, so we'll see how accurate EQ7 is when I go to sew the diagonal rows together.  I am using it as leaders/enders for the 365 Challenge because they took a bunch of seams so more rows are finished without realizing it. A good thing.
Just want to mention that my design wall is four 2' pieces of that foa…