Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday and Studio Pics


I'm really enjoying visiting all the blogs from the "Grow Your Blog" party and if you've stopped by to enter the giveaway, please click through to this post

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.



So, here's what I've been working on:


Another Dino is ready, sort of, I need to rough cut the head and add some spots on his back, but I'm already ready to stitch him down. I used the freezer paper on the top as it's big and it's just easier to stitch. 

I did some cleaning yesterday and today, not that I didn't also sew, but I thought I'd show you what I've done and see what you think. I haven't gotten it just right yet, but this is what I'm trying to do.

All my walls are half-walls and are slanted. I wanted to line them with tops (quilted or not) to help make it seem more like a studio, so I put up those magnetic bars that I use on my HQ16 for floating tops. I got them from Harbor Freight. You can see them through this particular quilt at the top. I have "pinned" it up with magnet hooks, then draped a bungee cord across the middle so it wouldn't fall into the room. I didn't have a big enough cord, so I used two so it wouldn't snap off. I just  need a different type of pretty magnet to use to attach the quilts to the magnetic bars and maybe cover the bungee cord?  I need a way to hang/replace quilts often so nothing can be too permanent. Thoughts? Any good ideas?  I just used push pins for the bottom edge. I didn't want to use a real quilt yet so this is a prototype.  


I also organized my Accuquilt dies on the bookcase that I moved to that location. Looks nice and I can see them all from the top. I decided to give up the surface of the bookcase in order to see the labels rather than in the bookcase where I had to pull a bunch out to get the right one. I haven't used the dies yet, but I'll let you know if it was worth giving up the top space. They are just standing in those plastic paper folder sorters (similar product) from Staples. I'm almost out of space so I can't buy anymore dies!! They are below the quilt, but since I took that pic, I've turned them around so they didn't hang off the bookcase. 




I got a ton of these containers in various sizes from the JoAnn's that was re-locating and wanted to get rid of all their store fixtures. I just picked up a bunch of stuff and put it in all the bins. These are the smallest size and JoAnn's had jewelry part packets for sale in them. I need to really think about what will go in them at the end of my studio "clean-up" adventure because it's next to my Accuquilt and not many small parts are used at that counter. 





So, I just had a chance to do my latest Dino today and a bit of a Dear Jane block, but I need to get on some of my applique blocks tonight. 

Don't forget that if you need a quick way to access your files from any device, please help me out with opening a Dropbox account and using this link so we can both benefit by getting extra free space.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been Awhile

I will just say, "Sorry," and move on. Life really gets in the way A LOT for me. It's been a hot summer and the pool has been very inviting. Too hot to sew outside, so "swimming" it is!!! The tree over our pool has shed its leaves directly into the pool. They are still falling, it's a bunch of work to keep them gathered up and off the bottom. Since my husband is unable to tend to the outside work (or inside), I've taken on this task. I've only sucked up so many leaves one time and had to call the pool company to blow the lines. Got one of those leaf catchers, pronto!!! 
Enough said, here's what I've been up to:
I decided that I couldn't pass up the Sew Sampler subscription box from the Fat Quarter Shop. This was the pattern called Moonshine and they included the fabrics so I was able to whip this up pretty quickly.  I'm really happy with my points on this one. I've added the outer borders and will update the pic soon. I'm act…

2017 is Here

Okay, so truth be told, I didn't do very well at finishing projects or blogging about them in 2017. If I blog every day about my 15 minutes of sewing, will that drive readers away?

I did finish this quilt, so I can cross that off of my UFOs, right? I have gifted it, but I really wish I had a pic of the flying geese going up/down. Sigh. Now to made some shams...in 2017!!



I did add a page for 2017 so I could list them, but I have so many years with so many unfinished quilts, it's embarrassing. BLUSH
I did start Bonnie Hunter's En Provence and here's a sample of a somewhat finished block. 

I also played around with Cheryl's Meadow Mist Mystery 2017 and I'm almost finished in time for tomorrow's next clue.  I think the piece on the bottom row in the middle might be the inside of the fabric or not??? I'll check.  All the other steps are finished, I hope. 

I'm also going to try free motion quilting for the first time, so I am ready with my panel and will…

Getting Back to Sewing

Sorry, I've been trying to re-arrange my studio and just didn't seem to get back to sewing/quilting, but I'm forging ahead because I missed all of January's blocks of the 365 Challenge! These are really tiny and I can see I need to be much more accurate with my cutting/sewing. LOL I'm using all stash fabrics, so my dark may not be dark enough and my lights might not be light enough, but my record for finishing projects prohibited me from spending money on this one!! 
Here's February 12, 2016 block: 


Now, here's the beginning of the blue and white quilt that I'm making. I designed it in EQ7 and the rows of the top left corner have been sewn together, so we'll see how accurate EQ7 is when I go to sew the diagonal rows together.  I am using it as leaders/enders for the 365 Challenge because they took a bunch of seams so more rows are finished without realizing it. A good thing.
Just want to mention that my design wall is four 2' pieces of that foa…